Friday, December 16, 2011

Robert Reich (Why We Shouldn't be Selling the Right to Live in America)


I found many more reasons than the ones Reich cites for not allowing foreigners citizenship if they spend 500,000 dollars on real estate purchases in the United States.

The false pumping up of home values can't be sustained because the money used to purchase U.S. real estate did not come from our local economies and infrastructure. 

Additionally, it is more likely that whomever has that kind of money to spend in the U.S. is possibly also looking to set up an IMPORT business so they can simply displace existing local businesses by importing lower cost products from their own country of origin.

When I first heard of this bill earlier today, I correctly guessed that both a democrat and a republican were behind it. I found it interesting that my google search could not find the number of the bill. Now if only I could remember the site that mentions all of the congressional bill proposals.

When Schumer states that this bill is "neutral" for the U.S. government, he illustrates the out of touchness that afflicts so many congress people.

No comments: